Every professional in the pest control, ornamental/vegetative management, and aquatics fields has their go-to chemicals to tackle various issues effectively.
Based on feedback from our reps in these respective fields, we've compiled a list of common chemicals they keep in their chem sheds. Let's take a closer look at these essential chemicals and their applications and how they can help you tackle tough problems.
Pest control professionals often rely on two types of dusts:
- Contact Dusts: Products like Tempo, Delta Dust, or Boractin are contact insecticides that control a wide variety of pests. They can be applied to cracks, crevices, wall voids, attics, crawl spaces, and other pest harborages. These insecticides have low use rates, are economical, and provide long residual effectiveness.
- Dry Flowable Baits: Doxem, Advion Microflow Insect Bait, and Avert DF are examples of dry flowable baits, which are great for roach and ant control. These baits can be shared among pests as they groom and feed each other, making them highly effective. Like contact dusts, they can be applied to various pest harborages and have long-lasting residual effects.
Ornamental and vegetative management professionals often keep the following items in their sheds:
- Esplanade: A pre-emergent herbicide used to control weeds in non-crop areas, hardscapes, and ornamentals.
- Terravue: A selective post-emergent herbicide for managing broadleaf weeds and grasses in natural areas and ornamental landscapes.
- Round Up Pro Concentrate: A non-selective, post-emergent herbicide for controlling weeds in various settings, including ornamental plantings.
- Vastlan: A selective, post-emergent herbicide used for controlling woody plants and broadleaf weeds in non-crop areas, including ornamental landscapes.
Aquatics professionals typically have these chemicals in their sheds:
- Aquathol K: A selective contact herbicide used for managing submerged aquatic weeds in various water bodies.
- Clipper SC: A fast-acting, selective herbicide for controlling invasive and nuisance aquatic plants.
- Green Clean: An algaecide used to control algae growth in ponds, ornamental water features, and more.
- Cutrine Ultra: A chelated copper algaecide and herbicide used for managing algae and aquatic plants in various water bodies.
By understanding the essential chemicals used in pest control, ornamental/vegetative management, and aquatics, professionals can better prepare their chem sheds for tackling a host of different challenges in the field.